Home-Start Wandsworth is an active and growing local charity serving children and families in the borough. We are looking for a new team member to connect with individuals and organisations in the wider community, build greater awareness of our services, and grow support for our work.
14 hours per week (arrangement of hours to be decided)
Fixed-term contract: 6 months
Salary: NJC scale 30 plus ILW (£30,971 p.a. pro rata)
To play a key communications role in the implementation of the Home-Start Wandsworth (HSW) fundraising strategy, and support the introduction of the new Home-Start brand.
Key tasks and objectives:
- Facilitate the implementation of the HSW Fundraising Strategy with staff and trustees, with a specific focus on communications with current and future supporters.
- Develop publicity material to be used in raising HSW profile to selected audiences, including updated web content, social media and hardcopy materials.
- Identify and help develop contacts in local businesses, schools, and other relevant community organisations.
- Drive the implementation of the new HSW brand in all areas as directed by HSUK and local requirements.
- Promote the profile of HSW in local media and suitable online platforms such as local directories and newsletters. Involves developing press contacts where necessary.
- Develop strategy, communication materials and approaches suitable to attract support from high net worth individuals and corporate donors.
- Produce a supporter newsletter (Oct and Feb) for circulation to our mailing list. Includes sourcing content and working to grow the newsletter audience.
- Work with our social media volunteer to ensure best use of social media in increasing awareness and profile of HSW.
- Grow our asset bank of case studies, photographs and testimonials.
- Develop ideas and planning for profile-raising events.
- Build expertise that can be used beyond the period of the fixed-term contract.
How to Apply:
Download the Application Pack documents below. Please read the guidance notes carefully before completing your application form.
- Job description
- Person specification
- Guidance notes
- Application form
- Monitoring Form
- Policy Statements
Submit your application and monitoring forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2019
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Laura Ferreira on 0207 924 5268 or email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Home-Start Wandsworth is committed to safer recruitment practice as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults. All staff posts are subject to references and DBS checks.
Home-Start Wandsworth is also committed to equality of opportunity and diversity.