From bake sales to marathons, fundraising can be hugely rewarding and fun. Here are some other ideas to help get you started.
At home or in the community
- Sponsored challenges – Challenge yourself, to run, cycle or trek and raise money whilst doing so. Please think of asking for sponsorship via VirginMoneyGiving. See the Runthrough website for some events to enter.
- Sell, sell, sell. Did you know that you could turn your unwanted items into funds for Home-Start Wandsworth? Why not send your best second-hand clothes free of charge to Thrift+ where their team will sell the items for you with a percentage of the profits being donated to Home-Start Wandsworth? Donate your unwanted books, games, CDs and DVDs to Ziffit and100% of the value of your items will be donated to Home-Start Wandsworth.
- Shop, shop, shop. When you shop at over 4,000 top stores including John Lewis & Partners, M&S, Sainsbury’s etc. via Easyfundraising, they’ll turn a percentage of your spend into free funds for us. Simply sign up and search for the retailer and start shopping. It’s that simple! You can also select Home-Start Wandsworth to receive a percentage when you shop via Amazon Smile.
- Ask friends to donate money instead of buying birthday gifts.
- Host a dinner party for friends.
- Host a community fundraising event.
- Organise a bake sale.
- Hold a mufti day, children can wear their own clothes for a small donation.
- Organise a concert, disco or film night.
- Arrange a sporting event.
- Host a craft afternoon
- Organise an office tournament e.g. 5-a-side football challenge or a netball tournament.
- Hold a coffee morning.
- Have a dress down day in the office for a small donation.
- Check whether your company operates a match giving scheme, where they’ll match pound for pound the amount that you raise.
We have gift aid envelopes for donations, we can also provide brochures and fundraising tins. Please contact us for more information.
Download our Supporter Guide for more information on ways to support Home-Start Wandsworth.
Sign up to our news for regular updates on our events and please get involved. We need you!