Did you know that you could turn your second-hand clothes into money for Home-Start Wandsworth?
With Spring just around the corner, and with lockdown confining everyone to their homes, now is the perfect time to have a little spring clean and organise your wardrobe. With charity shops closed until April, Thrift+ is a great and simple way to donate your best second-hand clothes and raise money for charity.
Thrift+ is an online charity shop of sorts that helps you to recycle your unwanted clothing. Send your best second-hand clothes free of charge to Thrift+ where their team will sell the items for you with a percentage of the profits being donated to your charity of choice. Thrift+ will accept items which are in good condition from high street, premium and designer brands.
How to donate to Thrift+
- Visit Thrift+ or download the Thrift+ App
- Order your free Thrift+ donation bag
- Fill it with your best second-hand clothes (See list of accepted brands)
- Scan the QR code on you bag to register it to your account and type in Home-Start Wandsworth (don’t forget the hyphen!) as your charity of choice and select how you would like to allocate the proceeds
- Return your ThriftBag for free by using Collect+ drop-off point, or you can pay £4.50 for DHL to collect it from you
- Thrift+ will do the rest
In this short film, John Lewis’ Personal Stylist, Josephine Lozach shares her top tips to help you declutter your wardrobe.