A much-needed boost for families during the COVID-19 Crisis.
Home-Start Wandsworth is now accepting referrals for new families for a focused support package during COVID-19. This service will be offered by telephone/online as our traditional home-visiting service is temporarily suspended.
Our COVID Response Support Service offers families one-to-one support from our experienced Coordinators including signposting, well-being checks, practical resources and referrals for supplies (e.g. to Little Village, food bank and other community aid groups), an opportunity to think through strategies that will help them cope, and encouragement to access and engage with other services. They will also be offered story books and craft packs for the children, and invited to participate in our online parent groups.
Our aims are to:
- offer relief and understanding to parents through supportive non-judgmental conversations with our experienced coordinators
- use our network to source and deliver practical supplies if needed
- identify healthy habits, strategies, resources and services that could make a difference to the family
- provide the professional engagement, encouragement and advice needed for under-confident parents to try new things and engage effectively with other services if needed
- enable connection and peer support via online groups that introduce families to others in their community facing similar issues
- enhance the quality of life at home and improve family health and wellbeing during the pandemic
At this time, our one-to-one support will be available for up to four weeks per family. Families that choose to join online groups may participate indefinitely.
*Eligibility criteria*: the family must live in the borough of Wandsworth and have at least one child under the age of 5 (or be more than 12 weeks pregnant). We do not accept referrals for Child In Need families or those on a Child Protection Plan for this service.
We will accept referrals on a case-by-case basis, depending on capacity. This is a new type of service in changing times, so we may need to revise our process or the type of support offered during this period.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us prior to referral, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality and data protection standards will of course apply to all referrals. Please ensure you obtain consent from the family prior to making a referral.
The referral form is to be completed online. We are not currently accepting referrals using the usual HSW referral form.