Our Volunteer Prep Course gives new volunteers the knowledge, skills and insight needed to deliver excellent support to Home Start families. It is a 9-session training programme covering a range of topics including:
- Our mission, vision and ethos
- The vital role of a home visiting volunteer
- Safeguarding, confidentiality, trust and boundaries
- Listening well
- Types of support, coaching and mentoring
- Mental health awareness
- Bump to Baby – specific support for pregnant women and new mums
- Family challenges, signposting and local services
- What to expect from Home-Start
“The prep course is excellent, very informative and reassuring about my role as a volunteer”
“…professional, interesting, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.”
We are recruiting now! The spring 2020 prep course runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-14:30, from 26th Feb to 25th March.
If you are interested to join this course, please request an application form. Or click here to find out more about becoming a volunteer.